Easy Tomato and Spinach Tagliatelle is the perfect weeknight meal; it is incredibly easy and can be made in 20 minutes!
Helllloooooo, yummy, buttery, light, flavorful and healthy-ish pasta.
Oh, and hi friends.
I’m so happy you’re here to enjoy this pasta with me. It. Is. So. Delish. And guess what else… it’s so easy; so incredibly easy.
I wasn’t even making this pasta for you all either, sorry to say. I started off making it just for me, minding my own business, celebrating the weekend by dancing away in my kitchen with a wine glass in one hand and a spoon in the other when it hit me.
That is, the epiphany that I had to share this with you. I mean, it’s the butter, the wine, the health points I felt with all the perfectly wilted spinach and sautéed tomatoes, thin garlic slivers throughout, and my favorite sauce carrier ever: pasta. Keeping it all to myself would’ve been selfish, because you like delicious, speedy, easy dinners too, right?
I just can’t tell you how simple “Easy Tomato and Spinach Tagliatelle” is; it does have easy in the name, after all. It comes down to this: throw the sauce ingredients in a sauté pan, boil some water, toss the pasta in, stir all together, and BAM! You’ve got a delicious healthy pasta with a succulent homemade sauce. I mean, the butttaaa makes it just creamy enough, and the pasta water lightens it up a bit while helping the sauce stick to the noodles.
Don’t forget my friends, life’s about balance and we all need a little fat in our diet to absorb the nutrients in the spinach and tomatoes, right?
The recipe is perfect for two servings, but again, so easy to adjust if you’re cooking for more. Since I’m still cooking for one, I love this recipe because I don’t have to feel like I’m making enormous amounts of food. You can bet this recipe is going to be part of the rotation once the BF is back though. I can’t pass up a super easy, super tasty, super quick weeknight meal! And you shouldn’t either…
Easy Tomato and Spinach Tagliatelle for Two
Tomato and Spinach Tagliatelle is the perfect weeknight meal; it is incredibly easy and can be made in 20 minutes!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white wine (I recommend a dry white)
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 pint (8 ounces) cherry tomatoes, cut lengthwise
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup pasta water, approximately
- 4.5 ounces dried tagliatelle pasta (other string pasta will work)
- Parmesan for garnish
- Fill sauce pan with salted water and heat over medium-high heat to begin boiling for the pasta.
- In the meantime, melt the butter in a sauté pan over medium heat.
- Once heated, add shallot and sauté for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add garlic slices, red pepper flakes, and thyme.
- Once fragrant, add wine and simmer until reduced.
- Add tomatoes to sauté pan and simmer for 5-10 minutes until tomatoes begin to soften and pop.
- Boil pasta, and reduce the packaging’s cooking time by 2 minutes.
- Three minutes before pasta is done, add spinach to sauce; stir until combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add approximately 1/3 cup pasta water (depending on how you like your sauce).
- Transfer pasta to sauté pan; toss in sauce and low simmer for 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy! Garnishing with parmesan is recommended!