Peppermint Brownies are thick, fudgey brownies topped with extra cream cheese peppermint frosting and drizzled with chocolate!
It’s been a crazy few weeks, and brownies have managed to help me through the hard times. More specifically, broken washing machine hard times.
Do you remember how we’ve had problems with this washing machine since last summer? Well after a few service calls and no resolution to fix it, we determined it officially bit the dust. Insert big need for brownies, especially since all I could wear were the piles of clean sweatpants anyway. No shame. Nope. Not for these babies.
Washing machine problems or not, these brownies will brighten your day/night/week/month for all the right reasons:
- Made from scratch (no box, no mystery ingredients)
- YET STILL EASY PEASY
- Creamy frosting
- Chocolate + Peppermint = a match made in heaven
Peppermint Brownies have been a favorite of mine since I was a little girl. We used to call them Grasshopper Brownies (I believe because of the Grasshopper beverage), and for the sake of not grossing y’all out by the title and no backstory, I’m sticking with Peppermint Brownies for now.
No matter the name, the balance of rich, chocolate fudgy-ness and refreshing, creamy frosting is where it’s AT. If you want extra chocolate, mix in extra chocolate chips to the brownie batter just before baking.
Expert Peppermint Brownie tip: they’re extra tasty when stored in the fridge. Ever put Thin Mints in the freezer? Yep, something like that. What is it about cold mint sweets that makes them extra delish?Print
Thick, fudgey brownies topped with extra cream cheese peppermint frosting and drizzled with chocolate!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12
- Category: Dessert
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8-10 drops green food coloring (optional)
- DRIZZLE (optional):
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and grease or line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips in microwave or double boiler. If microwaving, melt in 25 second increments, stirring in between, for approximately 1 – 1 1/2 minutes. Pour into mixing bowl and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk sugar into melted chocolate. Add eggs one at a time, whisking between each addition. Stir in vanilla extract.
- Fold in flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes; toothpick should come out with moist crumbs to ensure you’ll have fudgey brownies! Let brownies cool before frosting.
- Combine all ingredients and beat at medium speed until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies.
- Melt chocolate chips and vegetable oil in microwave; checking every 15 seconds and stirring until melted completely. Drizzle over frosted brownies.