Light, flaky Puff Pastry Sheets filled with creamy mascarpone and lemon zest, topped with ripe raspberries and fresh mint – THE recipe for spring brunch!
- 2 Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets
- 1 egg + 1 teaspoon water, whisked (for egg wash)
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (~1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 pints raspberries
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup fresh mint, for garnish
- Remove Puff Pastry Sheets from freezer and thaw for 40 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Lightly flour your work area; unfold Puff Pastry Sheet, removing parchment paper. Roll out sheet into a 12×12 inch square. Cut out 4 5-inch circles in the dough (I cut around a prep bowl). In the middle of each pastry, use a pairing knife to score a smaller circle (approximately 3 inches) – only cut the dough halfway through. Repeat with second Puff Pastry Sheet. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. *If your dough has warmed up considerably during this process, place in fridge for 10 minutes before baking. Egg wash the outer ring of each pastry. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown. Cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, mix together mascarpone, lemon zest, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Once pastries have cooled, gently push down the inner circle. Spread mascarpone in the center hole. Optional: sprinkle chopped mint on top of mascarpone layer. Cover mascarpone with fresh raspberries and garnish with fresh mint.