Roasted Butternut Squash with Pecan Maple Glaze is a simple side that’s the perfect addition to any family dinner.
Ah! Have you noticed that fall is here?!
Leaves changing color… the weather getting cooler… pumpkin is everywhere. Every. Where.
Confession time though: I’m not totally in the fall feeling yet. Not totally. I mean, mentally I’m there and I’m craving the crisp air and red leaves, but we’re not in the midwest anymore.
Living in NC means that the leaves don’t change color on the schedule I expect, the temperatures don’t drop nearly as fast (I have yet to pull out a sweatshirt – what a shame!), and surprisingly enough, I don’t see pumpkins everywhere.
But that doesn’t mean I don’t cook, and bake, and live like it’s fall!
Which is where this recipe comes in. Roasted Butternut Squash with Pecan Maple Glaze screams fall and makes me feel as though I’m snuggled in on a crisp fall night, surrounded by vibrant colors, and okay with the fact it gets dark way too early.
Not only is it so fall-tastic, it’s super easy. It goes a little like this:
- Roast squash
- Melt some butter, maple syrup, and brown sugar
- Add some pecans
- Mix all together
Really, you can even do that on a weeknight.
And if you need help learning how to peel and cut a butternut squash, The Kitchn has this wonderful how-to post.
It’s so simple, so warm, and so comforting.
This weekend we’re supposed to get some fall temps round here >> I. Can’t. Wait.
It will be perfect to have this side yet again, and maybe the cooler temps will mean the leaves will start changing soon, too! Fingers crossed!
Q: What’s your favorite part about fall?!Print
Roasted Butternut Squash with Pecan Maple Glaze
This simple side is the perfect addition to any family dinner.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 medium butternut squash, cut into 1 inch cubes (approx. 2 cups)
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2.5 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2.5 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Salt, to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine cubed butternut squash, olive oil, and cinnamon in bowl to coat all squash.
- Spread on large baking sheet and roast in oven for 10-15 minutes, until just tender when a fork is inserted.
- Meanwhile on the stove, heat a large skillet over low-medium heat. Add butter, maple syrup, and brown sugar. Stir until combined and heat until slightly bubbling and sugar is melted.
- Add in pecans and butternut squash. Stir until coated.