Roasted Rosemary and Cayenne Nuts are salty, spicy, sweet, crunchy, and will satisfy all of your snacking needs!
As you may have heard, Hurricane Joaquin was teasing us here on the east coast of the U.S., which meant many people spent Thursday preparing for power outages and flooding. I was mostly concerned with what kind of delicious food could still be made in the midst of a hurricane, as I hadn’t (and well, still haven’t) experienced one yet.
I was enjoying beginning to wear fall clothes, wishing I had some rain boots, and glad I had a new rain jacket. But mostly glad about the fall clothes – and thinking that fall might finally be peeking through here in NC.
After Joaquin decided to stray away from us, the next day that sun was shinin’ like it hasn’t shined in three weeks (which is pretty accurate) and boy was it HOT.
There went my hope of fall.
As much as I adore summer, and the sun, and all things related to those hot sultry months, I’m craving fall something fierce. Because fall means I can break out snacky-foods like these deliciously spiced and roasted nuts, and set them out for some Sunday football with beer.
Speaking of, Sundays in the fall hold some of my favorite memories. Things like…
- Lazin around in my PJs
- Taking a nap on the couch with football in the background
- Football munchies
- Sunday night dinners
- Cuddling up to watch Sunday night TV with a clean house and pumpkin spice candles burning
Yep, Sundays in the fall are my favorite.
Now that I’m
all mostly grown-up, there’s not usually football playing in the background, but I do have football munchies to fight off those dreaded Sunday blues, and these roasted nuts are perfect for just that.
Roasted Rosemary and Cayenne Nuts have an excellent mix of sweet and spice coated throughout the almond and cashew mix, making it the absolute perfect pairing for a cold beer and some football.
Or wine and a movie. Or tea and a book. Or water and a TV show.
Really, the possibilities are endless; regardless the occasion, this mix will hit the spot.
Roasted Rosemary and Cayenne Nuts
Roasted Rosemary and Cayenne Nuts are salty, spicy, crunchy, and will satisfy all of your snacking needs!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- 16 ounces whole cashews
- 9 ounces whole almonds
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons (approx. 4-5 sprigs) fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 325°.
- Spread cashews and almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast in oven for 10-15 minutes until warm.
- Meanwhile, combine rosemary, cayenne pepper, paprika, brown sugar, and kosher salt.
- Melt butter in microwave for approximately 30 seconds. Pour into spice mixture and stir to combine.
- Toss warm nuts in spice mixture until completely coated.
Best served warm, but still delicious once they’ve cooled off. Store in an airtight container if needed.
If you do not have kosher salt and want to use regular table salt – only use 1 teaspoon.
Inspired by Ina Garten.