Shrimp Scampi for Two – the perfect date night at home dish! Large shrimp, the right amount of butter, and plenty of freshness from lemon and parsley pair perfectly with white wine for a spectacular meal.
As the thought that I need to finally share this recipe with y’all crossed my mind, I began to feel like it had been far too long since I actually did share anything with you; it’s been a whole week!
And for that, I apologize.
Can I make it up to you with buttery, melt-in-your-mouth Shrimp Scampi? Pleeeeease? Ok, thanks. And you’re welcome in advance.
Life has felt so crazy for the past week (and maybe even before that, but I managed to share my quick and easy granola bars with you, since ehhem, that was my current life sitch). I feel like I haven’t sat down, but I did get some good beach time in last weekend which was a much needed break from the rainy days we’ve been having here.
I also made another trip to the fresh seafood market. I can’t believe I’ve lived here in coastal North Carolina for almost two years and just made it to this place. I’m seriously questioning my sanity. It’s literally right on the water, you can see the boats that bring in all sorts of fresh seafood, and the coolers full of it are right there in front of you.
And the smell. That smell, you know it’s fresh. But, I want you to keep your appetite so let’s focus on this beauty.
I knew I had to make Shrimp Scampi after realizing that shrimp from, essentially my backyard, was available. No farmed shrimp, no weird chemicals, nothing. Pure ocean shrimp. Not only that but Shrimp Scampi is one of my go-to meals.
It’s so buttery, so succulent, and so fresh with that hint of lemon flavor. <<< the fresh lemon, that means it balances out the butter making it not too buttery, but not without either. It’s basically a match made in heaven, soul mates, partners in crime.
Twirl the pasta up in your fork and get a big piece of tender, juicy shrimp mixed within, and you’ll land yourself right there in pasta heaven.
Obviously I would highly recommend serving with a large glass of white wine, but to each his own.Print
Shrimp Scampi for Two
Shrimp Scampi for Two – the perfect date night at home dish! Large fresh shrimp, the right amount of butter, and plenty of freshness from lemon and parsley pair perfectly with white wine for a spectacular meal.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Dinner
- 4-6 ounces dried fettuccine pasta
- 1/4 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil + more for shrimp
- 2 1/2 – 3 Tablespoons shallot, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Dash red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + more to taste
- Salt and Pepper
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Generously coat peeled and deveined shrimp with salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- In a large stock pot, bring salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add fettuccine and cook according to package directions.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 1/2 T butter and 1 1/2 T olive oil. Add shallot, garlic cloves, and red pepper flakes. Add shrimp and cook on one side. Once cooked on ONE SIDE, remove from pan and set aside. Add wine to skillet, slowly to deglaze pan. Add 1/4 t. salt and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer. Add additional 1/2 T butter. Add shrimp back and cook on second side. Add cooked pasta and stir to coat.
- Serve immediately with additional lemon wedges and parsley as desired.
If you make Shrimp Scampi for Two, be sure to take a pic and hashtag it #FORKINTHEKITCHEN, or leave a comment below. I’d love to see what you make!