The ultimate level of comfort food! Sourdough slices coated with garlic butter and parmesan cheese, filled with goeey provolone, cheddar, and gouda cheeses. Dip in your favorite tomato sauce for a soul-warming dinner!
- 4 TBSP unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, thinly shredded
- 4 large sourdough bread slices
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices gouda cheese
- Mix together the room temperature butter and minced garlic until combined. Set aside.
- Heat a flat skillet on the stove over medium heat. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Divide the parmesan cheese evenly among the slices, patting into the buttered side of each slice of bread.
- Place two bread slices, buttered side down, on the hot skillet. Place 2 slices of each cheese on the bread slices. Top with the reamining slices of buttered bread (buttered side facing up). As the bottom side of the sandwich turns golden brown and cheese begins to melt (approximately 3-4 minutes) flip the sandwiches and cook until the next side is golden brown and cheese is completely melted. Serve immediately.
This recipe is written for large slices of sourdough bread. You may want to adjust the cheese slices depending on the size of your bread and/or preferences. Change it up with your favorite cheeses, too!
- Category: Sandwich
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy, comfort food, fall, vegetarian