An easy, weeknight dinner that’s customizable and the perfect quick dinner for two!
- ~2 cups dried orecchiette pasta
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- Kosher Salt, to taste
- Red Pepper Flakes, to taste (optional, recommended!)
- 1/4 to 1/2 reserved pasta water
- In a large sauce pan filled 3/4s full with water and a liberal amount of salt, bring to a boil. Add orecchiette and cook al dente according to package times.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, melt butter and olive oil together over medium heat. Add tomatoes, stirring occasionally. As they begin to heat, they will begin to pop. You can use the back of your spoon to lightly “smash” them and let the juices create a sauce. Let cook for 2-3 minutes, add garlic slices, salt, and red pepper flakes. Cook for 7-8 minutes, adding reserved pasta water until desired consistency of the sauce is reached (I err on the 1/4 cup side generally). Let sauce cook for an additional 1-2 minutes and add al dente pasta. Toss together, garnish with basil or parmesan cheese as desired.
Add your favorite protein, extra veggies, or mini mozzarella balls!
Serves two for a meal, or 4 as a side pasta.
- Category: Dinner
Keywords: easy, weeknight, quick, 5 ingredients, vegetarian