What’s better than fruit salsa in the summer?
I mean, I’m obsessed with so many summer recipes it’s hard to choose, but fruit salsa is definitely up there. Like, helllooooo mango salsa and pineapple salsa. And really, are tomatoes a fruit? So really we’ve been onto this for a long time. Peach Salsa is no exception.
I can’t get over the versatility of peach salsa (or fruit salsa for that matter). I’m obsessed with it on fish baked perfectly in packets, on fish tacos, served with seared scallops, or just on a good ok’ salty tortilla chip.
Possibilities are endless! Especially when we only need FIVE ingredients! Plus salt, but to each their own on the salt front.
Seriously, all you need:
- Peaches – um, yes, we’ve discussed the deliciousness of fresh summer peaches. LET THEM SHINE!
- Red onion – for a little bite
- Jalapeño – for a little kick
- Cilantro – because, well, really, what’s a salsa without cilantro?
- Lime juice – a little acidity to balance out the sweet and savory.
- Salt – to bring out the flavor, as you wish!
That’s it! Short and sweet! I’m heading to Iowa to visit my grandparents this weekend. I always love our quality time, laughing, sharing stories, and reminiscing. Oh, and snacking along the way. This time: 5-Ingredient Peach Salsa coming right up!
Tell me how you’ll enjoy peach salsa this weekend, I’m always looking for new ways to sneak it in!
5 Ingredient Peach Salsa
- 2 large peaches diced (~2 cups)
- 1/3 cup red onion diced
- 1 small jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- Salt to taste
- Stir together all ingredients, adding salt to taste as desired. Store leftovers in an airtight container; best eaten the day of making.