Almond Cardamom Cake is light and moist with strong almond flavor and a subtle complex cardamom flavor – excellent with coffee and best served warm with a sprinkle of powdered sugar!
- 7 ounces almond paste
- 12 Tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 6 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place a parchment round in the bottom of an 8 inch round cake pan and grease the sides slightly.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together almond paste and softened butter for 2-3 minutes until fully combined. Add sugar and continue beating, stopping to scrape the sides as necessary.
- Add the eggs slowly, one at a time, slowly mixing between each addition. Add flour and cardamom, stirring until just combined. Spread evenly in cake pan and sprinkle sliced almonds on top.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes until edges are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool slightly and remove from pan. Before serving, sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the cake. Highly recommended to serve slightly warm!