Soft Sugar Cookies – these cookies are amazingly soft, light, slightly chewy, and have that perfect sugar cookie tang.
There’s really no bad time to eat a cookie, right?
Since making these AMAZINGLY Soft Sugar Cookies a few weeks ago for fruit pizzas, I’ve been obsessed (and possibly slightly over-indulgent).
I just can’t get enough of these cookies, whether they’re the base for the fruit pizzas or enjoyed on their own … for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
This recipe goes back many, many moons ago when my mom first had them made by a friend’s aunt. It’s become one of those family recipes that you’ve made so many times you forget who/what/when/where you came about the recipe, but now it’s so ingrained in your life, the backstory doesn’t really matter.
And once you have your first bite of these perfect sugar cookies, you’ll forget the story of how the cookies came to be anyway.
While you may be looking at them thinking there can’t be that much to them, they’re just sugar cookies, I’m here to tell you-you’re wrong (sorry, but honesty is always the best policy).
These sugar cookies are unlike any other – full of depth, flavor, and the perfect texture.
The first bite totally melts in your mouth.
The texture is on point –> chewy while remaining amazingly soft.
Oh, and the bit of tang that cream of tartar creates. You know, the signature taste that only the best sugar cookies have. There’s that depth – so much more than the eye sees.
Amazingly Soft Sugar Cookies are going to be your next go-to for oh, just about any occasion.
Work party? Check. Baby shower? Check. Brunch? Check. Potluck? Check. Late night binge? Check. Girls night? Check. Insert event here… Check.
Ok, so basically these cookies are beyond perfect for when you’re craving a slightly sweet, light cookie. Or really anytime you’re craving anything. But especially for those soft cookie cravings.
Enough talk about the cookies… go forth and MAKE THEM. Prepare to have your mind blown. ?
Amazingly Soft Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream together butter, vegetable oil, white sugar, powdered sugar, and eggs with an electric mixer.
- Sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Mix into creamed mixture. Mix in vanilla extract. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Roll dough into balls (I use a 1 inch scoop) and place on a cookie sheet. Flatten balls with a sugar-dipped glass. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are just beginning to barely brown.