A tender apple cider cupcake with warm cinnamon, topped with a generous amount of apple cider cream cheese frosting – and bourbon for an added adult treat!
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons apple cider
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon Bourbon
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin tins with liners.
- Stir together dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer to cream together sugars and butter. Once creamed, add vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each addition.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients and cider into wet ingredients, beginning and ending with the dry (3 dry additions, 2 cider). Mixing until just combined between each addition.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 16-18 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 205-209°F. Be careful to not overbake! Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add softened cream cheese and butter. Beat until mixed. Add vanilla, Bourbon, and apple cider. Add powdered sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, mixing to combine between each addition. Continue mixing until smooth. Spread on top of cupcakes and sprinkle with additional cinnamon as desired.
If you don’t want bourbon in the frosting, simply replace it with apple cider.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fall, halloween, sweets, baking, autumn