Rich, buttery, soft yet chewy, melt-in-your-mouth cookies filled with dried apricots and crunchy pistachios. A decadent treat!
- 1/2 cup + 2 TBSP unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt*
- 1/2 cup dried apricots (~12-15), small diced
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with a Silpat* or parchment paper.
- Using a hand-mixer, beat together room temperature butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, beating until incorporated.
- Add the salt, baking soda, and flour, mixing until combined (but don’t over mix).
- Stir in the chopped dried apricot and pistachio. Chill for 15 minutes for thicker cookies (or don’t chill and eat them quicker, it’s ok!). Using a cookie scoop*, place dough evenly apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes just until edges start to turn golden brown. Let sit for a minute before transferring to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container once cooled completely.
If you’re using already shelled and salted pistachios, reduce the salt to 1/2 tsp.
No hand-mixer? Go ahead and use a good ol’ fashioned whisk and spoon!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cookies, sweets, holiday, easy