Artichoke and Arugula Flatbread is an easy recipe that is bright and fresh, loaded with artichokes, feta, and garlic, topped with arugula tossed in a white balsamic dressing. You’ll love that this salad pizza comes together in under 15 minutes, too!
Do you also have this thing happen to you when the weather gets nice, where you suddenly have almost zero desire to cook basically anything, unless it takes minimal effort, few ingredients, and is still going to be super tasty?
If you said yes, then continue on my friends because this easy vegetarian flatbread pizza recipe meets every one of those requirements. It has been my go-to the last few weeks because of how easy it is to make, it is the perfect dinner for one, and I feel super healthy with the mile-high pile of arugula on top. It’s also great as a vegetarian appetizer when you need a quick finger-food option.
The unique artichoke flavor is complimented with the slightly salty and tangy feta cheese, topped with peppery arugula, tangy white balsamic, and the extra hint of spice from the red pepper flakes. It’s surely a combination we can all agree on, yes?
It’s just so perfect anytime you don’t feel like standing in the kitchen for longer than 5 minutes. Let’s see just how you can achieve dinner perfection this summer, too.
How to Make Artichoke Flatbread
There are two routes to take when making easy flatbread pizzas: using store-bought naan as the base, or making homemade flatbread. Either will work for this recipe, just know if you are making homemade flatbread, please follow the pre-made directions, cooking the flatbread dough in a skillet before assembly.
Once you have the dough decision figured out, this flatbread is so easy to assemble!
This recipe is a very simple flatbread, one that is more like its own genre than a pizza, as there’s technically no sauce in this recipe, just an olive oil and garlic base. How can you really argue with that though?
Use a pastry brush to spread olive oil across the flatbread, and evenly spread minced garlic across too, being careful to avoid any large clumps, and instead, making sure it’s spread evenly.
Next up: artichoke hearts! Drain any juice or oil from the artichokes, chop them up, and evenly spread them across the flatbread. Then sprinkle feta cheese across the top, being as generous as you’d like.
Place the flatbread in the oven. Because this version doesn’t necessarily have cheese that needs to melt fully, we’re baking the flatbread to crisp up the edges and warm the ingredients. Once the crust is golden brown, and the feta is started to turn slightly golden brown, you know it’s ready.
While the flatbread is baking, you can prepare the arugula topping. Fresh arugula gets tossed with white balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes for a punchy addition to the flatbread. I also like to add a drizzle of high-quality olive oil over top of the finished flatbread with a pinch of flakey sea salt. It’s all in the details, especially when simple recipes are all about the ingredients!
More Easy Flatbread Recipes to Love
- Grilled Corn, Burrata, and Pesto Flatbread
- Grilled Peach, Pesto, and Burrata Flatbread
- Mediterranean Flatbread
- Easy Bruschetta Flatbread
Artichoke and Arugula Flatbread
- 2 naan flatbreads or homemade flatbread
- 2 tsp olive oil, additional for drizzle
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8-10 artichoke hearts, roughly chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 6-8 Tablespoon feta cheese crumbles
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Dash red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/4-1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups arugula
- Flakey sea salt, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Brush olive oil and minced garlic evenly across both flatbread pieces.
- Top each naan with chopped artichoke hearts and feta crumbles, then bake for 10-12 minutes until edges begin to brown.
- Meanwhile, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, freshly ground black pepper, and white balsamic vinegar. Toss the dressing with arugula.
- Once flatbread is cooked, top with arugula and serve immediately. Add additional feta and drizzle with high-quality olive oil and a pinch of flakey sea salt.
Disclaimer: The nutritional information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.
By the Way…
This recipe is part of our collection of easy flatbread pizza recipes. Check it out!