An easy and texture packed salad that is full of fall flavors. Excellent for a satisfying lunch or as a vegan Thanksgiving side!
- 1 medium acorn squash, sliced
- 2–3 medium carrots, sliced
- Drizzle of evoo
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 1 1/2 cup arugula
- Heat oven to 425°F. On a large baking sheet, layer 1/2 inch sliced acorn squash and carrot slices evenly. Drizzle lightly with olive oil and toss with salt and pepper. Bake for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through cook time.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Whisk together olive oil, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, a healthy amount of black pepper, and salt to taste. Set aside until ready to assemble the salad.
- Toss together roasted squash and carrots, quinoa, cranberries, almond slivers, and arugula. Toss with dressing. Salad is excellent served warm or room temperature.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy, fall, dressing, healthy, lunch, thanksgiving, vegan, vegetarian