Soft, pillowy, cake-like cookies bursting with banana and chocolate!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract (optional)
- 2 extra ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Melt butter in the microwave. Whisk in white and brown sugar into butter for 30 – 45 seconds. Add egg, vanilla extract, and banana extract; whisk until combined.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet until combined. Stir in bananas and chocolate chips. Using a medium scoop, ball cookies onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Cool on cooling rack.
If you want to go egg-free, add another mashed banana in place of the egg.