These brownies are for all my single ladies out there this time of year!
It is “Galentine’s Day” after all, isn’t it?! I mean, I’ve never hated Valentine’s Day.
Yes, I do think it’s overrated, and commercialized, but deep down I love celebrating almost anything, and I love any excuse to eat chocolate.
No matter what my relationship status is.
I especially love it when brownies are involved. Not just any brownies, either, these Better Than a Boyfriend Brownies take it to the next level.
I went out a limb a few months ago (
With zero shame, I wanted to share it with y’all for a few reasons.
Why share about single-ness?
- So many bloggers write about being married, having kids, etc. It’s so hard to find single bloggers out there, living the independent life, that simultaneously talk about dating (and the real struggle that it can be!).
- I would love to be relatable to the single ladies (or guys!) out there. And just so we’re crystal clear, this is no knock to those of you happily coupled. I know I’ll be there one day, but for now this is where I’m at, and I’m loving it.
- I want to be able to share it with you!
- My real life. I don’t want to skate around what’s really going on in my life. Stories about dating?! Bring it on! (while still being respectful to boundaries and all…but I already covered that).
- I want to share it, but I’m scared!
- I want to push myself out of my comfort zone, live fearlessly, and talk about more than just food (although that is my favorite topic of discussion!).
- Being single isn’t a curse! I want to change the conversation around singledom with you! Whether you’re happily coupled, committed, in a relationship, married, guy, girl, single, whatever – I want us to CHAT!
We all have stories we can share. Being single doesn’t have to be depressing, or sad, or lonely. And it surely shouldn’t be
Let’s change the dialogue and focus on how – no matter what stage of life you’re at – being single should be seen as fiercely independent,
Let’s start having real, honest conversations about what single is – and isn’t – and how we want
Onto the BROWNIES!
Have you figured out why I’m calling them Better Than a Boyfriend Brownies yet? Honestly, because they are the most EPIC brownies you’ll ever have. And they’re definitely better than the struggles of dating. ?
I know you didn’t think that anything could be better than the simplicity of a dense, fudgy brownie all by itself…but my friends, you haven’t had brownies like these.
Of course, the base is still the thick, chocolatey brownie we all crave, love, and demand. AS IT SHOULD BE!
THEN, SALTED CARAMEL.
You’re right, I said it. And you’re right that the use of caps locks was required. Salted Caramel is life – the
Now, you have two routes to take here:
- store-bought salted caramel sauce – like what you’d drizzle on ice cream
- homemade sea salt caramel
Obviously homemade is always better, but sometimes, ain’t nobody got time for that.
So I get it.
But for those of you who want to be boss, I added the homemade caramel recipe I use.
Then… then you guys…
THE POTATO CHIPS
You know, that whole sweet-and-salty combination? Just like with the salted caramel? Obviously, it’s dynamite.
Plus, the potato chips add mega crunch to Better Than a Boyfriend Brownies.
Basically, it’s like a texture explosion in your mouth. Was that weird? I hope it wasn’t
How do you top off Better Than a Boyfriend Brownies?! With a chocolate ganache drizzle, of course.
What could be better than “sandwiching” these brownies between layers of chocolate? Besides adding a layer of salted caramel and potato chips in the middle! 😉
To take them over the top, sprinkle some sea salt flakes on top for an extra hint of saltiness.
There you have it – a happy explosion of sweet, salty, crunchy, fudgy, chewy amazingness.
Whether you’ve got a boyfriend, girlfriend, wife, husband, or your own independent wonderful self, go ahead and eat all the brownies your heart desires.
They are the perfect Valentine, after all.Print
This post was originally published on February 12, 2018; the photos were updated February 13, 2019. The recipe remained the same, the text was just refined for clarity.
This post contains an Amazon Affiliate Link, which means if you purchase an item through the link, Fork in the Kitchen will receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!