Blueberry Lemon Pastries are light and flaky, filled with cream cheese, lemon curd, and warm burst-in-your-mouth blueberries!
BLUEBERRIES! LEMON! LEMON AND BLUEBERRIES! What a summer-worthy combination!
When one of my greatest friends visited a few weeks ago, we needed a quick, delicious, summer breakfast. With blueberries, lemon curd, cream cheese, and puff pastry on hand, such a breakfast was just in order and we’d be on the beach in no time!
We had big plans which included mimosas, coffee, sunshine, laughs, and lots of girl-time. There wasn’t going to be time to spend in the kitchen, as much as I love being there, relaxing was the mission. Yet, we had a breakfast that felt perfect for girls’ weekend: a little indulgent, a little sweet, and super yummy.
You guys, even if you don’t have plans to go to the beach, I know that no one wants to be spending elaborate hours on breakfast – especially when the sun is shining and you’ve got places to go, people to see, the whole deal.
Blueberry Lemon Pastries make all those breakfast dreams come true (well, if you’re ok taking the shortcut on the pastry and lemon curd this one time). You know I love making things from scratch, but honestly, lemon curd is something I’ve never been successful at. Not yet, anyway. And I find that buying lemon curd is just one of those shortcuts I’m willing to take. Just give me a tart, make-me-pucker lemon curd and I’m set.
Quality berries however? No shortcuts there. Find the biggest, plump, bluest blueberries you can.
Start by cutting frozen puff pastry dough into rectangles, spreading on a little cream cheese, lemon curd, and blueberries. Pop them in the oven, watch them rise with the flaky, delicate layers you need in your breakfast pastries, and pour yourself a mimosa. Before you can take your first sip, breakfast is ready.
The puff pastry is flaky, butter perfection, and rises up around the filling. The cream cheese and lemon curd create a happy balance of tart and creamy creamy goodness, and the blueberries on top burst in your mouth with every bite, their warm juices adding just the right amount of sweetness. Seriously, if summer was wrapped up in a pastry this would be it.
Serve with a blueberry kale smoothie for extra blueberry goodness!
Blueberry Lemon Pastries
- 1 package puff pastry sheets
- 12 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon curd
- 3/4 - 1 cup blueberries
- Thaw puff pastry according to directions (I usually let mine sit out for about 20 minutes while I make coffee, prep, etc.). Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut puff pastry sheet along creases (typically they are folded into thirds and I cut along these creases), and cut each strip in half to create a rectangle.
- Place 1 Tablespoon of cream cheese in the middle of each pastry and then top the cream cheese with lemon curd and blueberries (I placed approximately 12 berries on each pastry).
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, until golden brown.
Did you make this or another recipe? Tag or #FORKINTHEKITCHEN on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter – and send me a Snap at forkinkitchen! I’d love to see!
Note: This is not a sponsored post.