When greens and fruit come together, it’s the best kind of green salad out there! A little sweet, a little savory, and definitely falls into the camp of anything-but-boring salads!
When June rolls around here in the U.S. I am excited for all the in-season berries, especially blueberries! They’re sweet, juicy, and perfectly ripe. There’s just nothing better.
So you bet I make blueberry vinaigrette and top all my summer salads with fresh blueberries, too.
Blueberry Spinach Salad is a delightful mix of vibrant flavors and a variety of textures thanks to baby spinach leaves, plump blueberries, and pungent blue cheese. Let’s make it!
- Blueberry vinaigrette and fresh blueberries are the stars here! A balsamic vinaigrette infused with fresh blueberries, and extra blueberries on the salad. YES!
- Baby Spinach or your favorite leafy greens. A spring mix or a mixture of baby spinach and arugula is great too.
- Pistachios are here for their creamy, fresh crunch. If you want a sweeter option, try candied pecans! Other nuts like almonds and walnuts will also work as good add-ins.
- Blue cheese crumbles add a pungent tang to the salad, balancing the sweetness. Not a fan? Blue cheese or feta crumbles would be good substitutes.
- Sliced shallot in place of a common red onion, because it’s milder and the savoriness balances well in the salad.
Looking for more? Add in diced avocado, strawberries, or raspberries for more summer produce – or even watermelon! Sunflower seeds or flax add variation and extra crunch, too!
Super Simple Salad
It’s really easy to throw this salad together.
Make the Blueberry Dressing
First, blend together the dressing which takes only minutes to do. You can even make it in advance so it’s ready whenever you’re ready for the salad.
Use a blender, immersion blender, or food processor until it’s smooth. You can read more information about making the dressing on our blueberry vinaigrette recipe.
Toss the Salad
The dressing is most presentable when drizzled over the salad, with the contrast of the bright purple and green.
For that reason, I like to mix all of the salad ingredients together, plate it, and drizzle on the dressing.
If you plan on having leftovers, don’t dress the entire salad or the lettuce will wilt. Keep the veggies stored separately and toss the salad immediately before enjoying it.
More Five-Star Summer Salads
- Strawberry Spinach Corn Salad
- Balsamic Bruschetta Lettuce Salad
- Spicy Chipotle Shrimp Salad
- Seared Scallops on Corn Salad
- Nectarine Burrata Basil Salad
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating and review in the form below. I appreciate your feedback, and it helps others, too!
Get the Recipe Easy Blueberry Spinach Salad
- Toss together greens with whole blueberries, pistachios, blue cheese, and shallot. Divide and plate the salad according to how many servings you need. Recipe will make around 4 salads, but easily add more toppings or lettuce as needed!
- Drizzle the vinaigrette across each salad. You can also toss the salad with the dressing. Enjoy!
- Blueberry Vinaigrette – blend the following ingredients until smooth:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 garlic clove, optional
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
By the Way…
This recipe is part of our collection of green salad recipes. Check it out!