A simple summer salad packed with nutritious blueberries, both in the vinegarette and the salad!
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 garlic clove (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- ~ 4 cups fresh spinach (or greens of choice)
- To make the vinegarette: place 1/2 the pint of blueberries in the blender with the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic.Blend on high until pureed and add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Toss together remaining blueberries, shallot, pistachios, blue cheese, and spinach. Toss in with desired amount of dressing and serve.
- Category: Salads
Keywords: summer, healthy, easy, vegetarian