Had to sneak in a healthy, super springy recipe right before Easter – if you’re celebrating.
And if you’re not, good thing this salad is super spring-tastic and absolutely requests to be eaten on a sun-drenched patio with blossoms blooming all around.
While I haven’t had much of an appetite the last few weeks (again, thank you mono), I’ve been craving all the nutrient-rich foods I can get my hands on. Lucky for me, the spring produce is aplenty around here.
And since I know you’re here because you’re all about fresh produce and healthy, easy, yet impressive recipes, this is for YOU.
This salad is absolutely fresh and bright thanks to a few key ingredients.
Bright Salad Ingredients
May I present the bright stars:
- Fresh mint – oh, how I adore fresh mint!
- Fresh lemon – so bright! so fresh! with both the juice and zest, the lemon takes bright to another level
The rest of the players, we’ll call them the fresh stars:
- Snap Peas
- Sugar Peas
- Slivered Almonds
That’s basically it. This salad comes together in under 10 minutes and couldn’t be easier to toss together.
I kept it simple on purpose.
Picture brunches with elaborate quiches, what other than a simple, light, yet texture filled salad, do you need?
Or next to Parmesan Rosemary Crusted Fish… nothing heavy, just a light, healthy salad.
You see, this salad adds the light balance next to a heavier meal as it is.
Of course, if you’re feeling a little more adventurous, or want the salad on its own, you could throw on some burrata (OH I LOVE ME SOME BURRATA), add some crunchy radishes, throw in some zucchini noodles… the possibilities are endless.
Whatever way you decide to make this Bright Spring Vegetable Salad, I do hope you’ll snap a pic and share it with me over on Instagram or in an email. I LOVE to see what you’re cookin’ up over in your kitchen!
Bright Spring Vegetable Salad
- 1 bunch asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces (~2 1/2 – 3 cups)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup snap peas
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup almond slices
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 1/2 – 2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon fresh mint chopped
- 1 Tablespoon honey maple syrup for vegan
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- Bring a large saucepan filled with salted water to a boil. Add chopped asparagus and cook for 4-5 minutes, depending on thickness, until slightly tender. Add frozen peas with 1 minute remaining. Transfer immediately to an ice bath.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining salad ingredients – snap peas, arugula, almond slices, and lemon zest – to a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together lemon juice, mint, honey, dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking to combine. Taste for salt and pepper levels.
- Toss all ingredients together and serve immediately. If serving the salad later, store the dressing in an airtight container and toss immediately before serving.
By the Way…
This recipe is part of our collection of green salad recipes. Check it out!