A bright, easy, healthy, and texture-filled salad to go along quiche and croissants! Full of bright lemon and mint, paired with asparagus, peas, and arugula, you’ll love it!
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces (~2 1/2 – 3 cups)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup snap peas
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup almond slices
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 1/2 – 2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 2 TBSP fresh mint, chopped
- 1 TBSP honey (maple syrup for vegan)
- 1 TBSP dijon mustard
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- Bring a large saucepan filled with salted water to a boil. Add chopped asparagus and cook for 4-5 minutes, depending on thickness, until slightly tender. Add frozen peas with 1 minute remaining. Transfer immediately to an ice bath.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining salad ingredients – snap peas, arugula, almond slices, and lemon zest – to a bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together lemon juice, mint, honey, dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking to combine. Taste for salt and pepper levels.
- Toss all ingredients together and serve immediately. If serving the salad later, store the dressing in an airtight container and toss immediately before serving.
Easily make this recipe vegan by using maple syrup in place of honey.
- Category: Salad
Keywords: gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian, spring