An excellent weeknight dinner that can be made in one pot! Vegan, amazingly comforting, and creamy!
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 small butternut squash, small dice (~3 cups)
- 4 cups chopped broccoli (stems and florets)
- 1 – 1 1/2 teaspoons fine sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups vegetable stock
- In a large pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add butternut squash to pot and cook for 5 minutes. Add broccoli, salt, thyme, and white pepper. Cook covered for an additional 8-10 minutes until tender.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to a low simmer. Using an immersion blender, blend vegetables until smooth. Add more vegetable stock as needed until desired thickness is reached.
If you use dried thyme, halve the amount.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 184
- Sugar: 5.7 g
- Sodium: 605 mg
- Fat: 12.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 21.8 g
- Fiber: 4.9 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
Keywords: gluten free, vegan, comfort, winter, meatless, vegetarian