Roasted Broccoli and Sweet Potato Orzo Pasta – caramelized roasted veggies mixed with orzo pasta, a light buttery sauce, and sweet dates. An excellent balance of healthy and indulgent; perfect for lunch or dinner!
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large sweet potato, diced into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Red Pepper Flake, to taste (~1/8 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- 1/3 cup white wine or vegetable stock
- 6 dates, (approx. 1/4 cup), chopped
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil + additional for roasting veggies
- 8 oz. orzo pasta
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with broccoli and sweet potatoes; drizzle with olive oil until coated; salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway between.
- Meanwhile, cook orzo according to package directions.
- In a skillet heat butter and olive oil. Add onion, garlic, and red pepper flake. Cook for 1-2 minutes; add thyme and rosemary. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes; slowly pour in wine/stock while stirring to deglaze pan. Reduce for another 1-2 minutes. Add dates and cook for 2 minutes.
- Toss orzo, roasted vegetables, and sauce together. Serve immediately.
- Category: Dinner