This elegant breakfast board is perfect for a lazy morning – spread it out and create your own breakfast adventure!
- 3–4 Yukon gold potatoes (~16 oz.), diced
- 14 oz. “cocktail” tomatoes (or cherry)
- 6–8 sourdough bread slices
- 4–5 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup romesco sauce
- 8 oz. burrata
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
Note: You will need to prepare the romesco sauce if you don’t already have it on hand.
- Tomatoes: Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Prepare the tomatoes by halving, tossing with approximately 1 Tablespoon olive oil, and salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet with the cut side up. Roast for 35 minutes, give or take 5 minutes depending on the size of your tomatoes. They should be wrinkled.
- Potatoes: Prepare the potatoes by halving, then quartering, the potatoes to create a small bite-sized dice (~1/2 inch). On a large baking sheet, toss potatoes with 1-2 Tablespoons olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Bake in the 400°F oven for 25-30 minutes, tossing halfway through cook time to crisp evenly. When potatoes have finished cooking, toss with garlic and fresh rosemary.
- Toast: You can choose to toast your bread in a toaster, or grill on a grill pan. Brush each side with olive oil, and place on a grill pan heated over medium heat, turning once side is toasted (~2-3 minutes). I like to halve the slices after grilling if they’re large.
- Soft scrambled eggs: Make right before you’re ready to serve! Heat a medium non-stick skillet over low-medium heat. Melt butter in the middle of the pan, adding beaten eggs once it’s melted. As eggs slowly set, use a rubber spatula to push them around, creating large egg pillows. Gently push them around for 3-4 minutes until just set; be sure to not overcook!
- When ready to serve, plate burrata on top of romesco sauce, and top with sesame seeds (or everything but the bagel spice!). Add the remaining parts to the platter: roasted tomatoes, potatoes, toast, and soft scrambled eggs. *You could also individually plate if you don’t want to serve family style.
To make gluten-free, just use your favorite gluten-free bread!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brunch, breakfast, vegetarian, gluten free