Celery Apple Salad is the perfect combination of crisp lettuce, celery, and apples, balanced with the creamy tang of Gouda and earthy walnuts. It’s all paired with a celery seed dressing, bringing the perfect blend of acidity and sweetness.
- 1/4 cup honey or sugar
- 1 teaspoons celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large bunch romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 Gala apples, diced
- 2–3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup Gouda, diced
- In a medium sized bowl, mix honey, celery seed, salt, ground mustard, shallot, and apple cider vinegar together.
- Slowly drizzle in vegetable oil while whisking to combine all ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine all salad ingredients.
- Toss salad with dressing.
- Serve and enjoy!
If making individual servings, store dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Dress salad when ready to enjoy.