A summertime pizza with a light ricotta base full of warming rosemary, topped with roasted tomatoes, melty mozzarella, charred corn, and sweet basil.
- 1 Homemade Pizza Crust
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 ears of corn, grilled
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Prepare homemade pizza crust according to the recipe, par-baking for 5-7 minutes. If using a pre-baked crust, prepare as directed.
- Pre-heat oven to 475°F. Mix together ricotta, lemon juice, shallot, garlic, rosemary, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Spread ricotta evenly across par-baked pizza crust, leaving room for the crust edge. Layer tomato slices and mozzarella on top of ricotta mixture. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, while pizza is baking, grill the corn over medium-high heat until slightly charred; approximately 5-7 minutes, turning corn as needed. Cut off kernels and set aside. When pizza is done baking, top with charred corn and basil garnish.
- Category: Dinner