Cheesy, creamy potato croquettes, with a delicately crisp exterior and a luxurious mashed potato interior, they’re excellent for breakfast, dinner, or an appetizer!
- 1.5 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed (~5–6 small potatoes)
- 5.2 oz. Boursin Garlic & Herb Cheese
- Salt, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 eggs, divided and slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- ~2 cups flavorless oil
- Optional: parmesan cheese and parsley for garnish
- Add peeled and cubed potatoes to a large stockpot with salted water. Heat over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Boil for approximately 15 minutes until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile, remove Boursin from the fridge to come to room temperature. Once potatoes are tender, drain and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Mash potatoes slightly. Add Boursin cheese, salt, white pepper, onion powder, and melted butter. Continue mashing until completely combined and smooth. Let cool for 10 minutes, then add ONE egg and stir to combine. Chill in the fridge for 15-25 minutes until mixture easily forms together.
- Take 1/4 cup of the mashed potato mixture and form into a rectangle. Place formed croquettes on a parchment lined plate. Continue forming until all of the mixture is used. Continue to chill for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place flour in a bowl and stir in salt and pepper to taste. In another bowl, place the second egg for the egg wash. In a third bowl, add the breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a skillet or dutch oven (about 1 inch deep) until it reaches 350°F.
- Dip each potato croquette in flour, egg wash, then breadcrumbs. Set on a baking sheet or plate until ready to cook. In the heated oil, fry croquettes in batches (don’t crowd the pan) for about 1 1/2 – 2 minutes on each side (4 sides) until golden brown. Remove and set on a plate lined with a paper towel before serving. Garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley as desired.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: brunch, appetizer, side, fried, vegetarian