Easy, no-bake granola bars with crunchy almonds, and chewy sweet-and-sour dried cherries, they’re perfect for an on-the-go breakfast or snack!
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (optional)*
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup almonds, unsalted and roughly chopped
- 1 cup dried cherries, optional: rough chop half of them
- Prepare a 9×9 baking dish by lining it with parchment paper for easy removal of the bars. Make sure some excess hangs over the edge so you can pick it up easily.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together almond butter, honey, vanilla and almond extracts, cinnamon, and salt. Heat over low-medium heat until mixture begins to slowly simmer. Remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, stir together oats, almonds, and dried cherries. Once the liquid mixture is dissolved together on the stove, pour it into the dry ingredients and stir to coat. Spread evenly in parchment lined baking dish. Sprinkle with flaky salt as desired. Let cool in the fridge at least 1 hour. Cut into 12 bars. You can individually wrap them and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
I like to add the almond extract for an additional almond flavor, if you choose to leave it out I recommend replacing it with additional vanilla extract.
I chop half of the dried cherries to add texture; your choice!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy, quick, back to school, kid friendly, dairy free, gluten free