A layered neapolitan-inspired ice cream pie, with a chocolate Oreo crust, and a fudgy center, it’s sure to be a hit!
- 36 Oreo cookies, divided
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 cups chocolate ice cream
- 11 oz hot fudge topping, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Additional Oreos or fudge to top
- In a food processor, add 28 cookies and pulse until a coarse crumb forms. Add melted butter while pulsing until a fine crumb forms. Press into a 9.5-inch pie pan and chill in freezer for approximately 30 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, add remaining 8 cookies to the food processor and pulse until a coarse crumb forms (this will be the middle layer – so you want some crunch!). Set aside.
- After crust has set, spread chocolate ice cream in an even layer in the crust. Return to freezer for 5-10 minutes. Next, spread the fudge on top of the ice cream (I put several dollops around the pie and then spreading). Top with remaining cookie crumbs. Return to freezer for 10-15 minutes, depending on how much the chocolate ice cream melted during this step, you may need to freeze longer. You want it to be fairly solid before spreading the vanilla.
- Once the chocolate layer is pretty well frozen, spread on the vanilla ice cream. It likes to pick up the cookie crumbs, I don’t mind a little mixing of the two. Place back in the freezer for 3-4 hours until solid (again, this will depend on how much the ice cream melted during assembly).
- Between 30-60 minutes before serving, combine strawberries and sugar in a small bowl. Let sit, stirring occasionally. Mash slightly with a muddler. Top pie with berries just before serving, and additional cookies or fudge as desired.
If frozen with the strawberry layer, the strawberries do become very solid; I recommend putting them on immediately before serving.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: summer, party, bbq, birthday, easy