Cilantro Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing – lettuce salad, topped with lots of fresh cilantro, carrots, celery, peanuts, and a creamy, perfectly balanced Peanut Sauce Dressing.
- 1 head romaine or green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 2–3 large carrots, julienned
- 2–3 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 3 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- To prepare salad, toss lettuce, carrots, celery, peanuts, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- For the dressing: whisk together shallot, garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, honey, and peanut butter. Slowly whisk in the sesame and olive oil until combined.
- Toss salad with dressing and serve immediately.
Dressing recipe may make more dressing than you want on your salad, add according to your tastes.
- Category: Salad