Cinnamon Sugar Apple Fritters – a fall brunch recipe that’s sure to please; sweet and tart apple bits in a light, cinnamon batter, fried to a crisp exterior and coated in cinnamon sugar.
- 2 1/4 cups apples, 1/2 inch diced (approx. 4–5 apples)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (approx. 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1 Tablespoon sugar. Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk, vanilla, and melted butter. Add wet ingredients into dry and mix until combined. Mix in apples.
- Heat vegetable oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat until the oil reaches 375°F. Combine 3/4 cup sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon in a small bowl. Set aside. Using a 1-inch ice cream scoop, drop 4-5 batter balls into the oil. Cook on each side for approximately 2 minutes (4 altogether); do not crowd the pan. Remove from oil and dry on a cooling rack lined with paper towel. After they’ve cooled slightly (1-2 minutes) stir around in the bowl to coat with cinnamon sugar. Remove and set aside. Continue until all batter is cooked. Serve immediately.
- Category: Breakfast