A bright, refreshing salad that only takes about 10 minutes to make. A healthy and delicious way to take advantage of all the in-season citrus this winter!
- 3–4 citrus fruits (a variety of grapefruit, orange, clementines, etc.)
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- 2 cups watercress or arugula
- 2 TBSP high-quality olive oil
- 1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt flakes, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut the citrus by slicing off the ends and around the edges to peel. Carefully slice the whole citrus into rounds (about 1/2 inch thick).
- Assemble sliced citrus on a plate or serving tray with sliced avocado and watercress; top with pistachios.
- Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice. Drizzle over the salad and garnish with additional sea salt flakes and black pepper as desired (note: if you don’t want to top the salad with sea salt flakes/pepper, whisk a pinch to taste into the dressing).
- Category: Salad
- Method: None
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 salad (1/2 of the recipe as written)
- Calories: 430
- Sugar: 19g
- Sodium: 85mg
- Fat: 32.5g
- Carbohydrates: 36.8g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 6.7g
Keywords: easy, quick, vegan, vegetarian, healthy