A spicy chili loaded with black beans, kidney beans, and a base of creamy tomato soup. Easy to make on the stovetop or in the Instant Pot!
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 – 2 Tablespoons jalapeno pepper, seeds removed and finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 TBSP chili powder
- 1 TBSP cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 15-ounce cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 32-ounce box of creamy tomato soup
- ~1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 pound ground beef, if using
- Cheddar cheese
- Jalapeno slices
- Sour Cream or Greek Yogurt for a healthier option!
- Melt butter (or heat oil if you prefer) over medium-high heat in large stockpot. Saute onion and jalapeno until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add a pinch of salt. Add garlic and saute an additional 1-2 minutes. Stir in chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, and a bit of salt to taste. Add beans, diced tomatoes, and tomato soup. Add additional salt.
- Bring chili to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve with garnishes as desired.
- Place all ingredients in the Instant Pot (if using meat, brown the meat in the pot using sautè function first). Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes. Quick release the steam and serve with desired garnishes.
This chili has a kick to it with the number of spices and jalapeños; use half the amount of jalapeño to reduce the spice.
If using condensed tomato soup, add water until your desired consistency is reached.
Adding Meat: After sauteeing onion and spices, add the ground beef and brown meat before adding the rest of the ingredients. Continue with recipe as written.
Keywords: easy, instant pot, comfort, winter, vegetarian, spicy