Coconut Shrimp Curry with Cauliflower Rice – the healthiest version of curry you can find! A variety of vegetables and shrimp in a warm, flavorful coconut curry sauce that’s full of depth.
Hey, hey, hey… are you ready for healthy, fulfilling, and flavorful food?
Are you sure?
Ok, good, because I’m so excited to share this with you! Coconut Shrimp Curry with Cauliflower Rice makes eating healthy, carb-free, and sugar-free so much easier.
Especially because those are all um, my favorite things in the whole wide world. But sometimes it’s okay to skip them in a meal, or two, or more, for the sake of your health. So here we are:
- Fresh shrimp (puuuuhhlease make sure it’s sustainable!)
- Ribbons of carrots
- Thin slices of red bell pepper
- Green bean strings
- Thinly sliced onions
- A warm, flavorful curry sauce (note: lots of spices) + coconut milk
- Oh, and lots of cilantro
So. Much. Flavor.
This all came to be as my mom embarked on the Whole 30 journey – which focuses on resetting your body and switching bad eating habits over to purposeful eating and nourishing your body as needed.
Now, there are quite a few rules to the Whole 30 – and as mentioned, carbs are a no go. That’s where the cauliflower rice comes in. Have you tried it before? You’re not even going to realize it’s not real rice.
Throw the cooked cauliflower in your processor and chop until it’s the consistency of rice. Toss in cilantro (of course) and a little salt, pour your curry on top, and you’ll be set with a full meal, no carbs, and more satisfaction than you’d imagine!
So whether or not you’re watching your diet, partaking in the Whole 30, or just love delicious food, this recipe will fit your lifestyle!
Coconut Shrimp Curry with Cauliflower Rice
- 1 pound shrimp
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots peeled into ribbons
- 3 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon sea salt more to taste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3/4 cup frozen green beans
- 1 lime
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 Tablespoon cilantro + more for garnish
- Boil cauliflower for 20-30 minutes until tender.
- Pat shrimp dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet (or dutch oven) over medium heat. Cook shrimp, 2-3 minutes per side until just pink and translucent. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion, cook for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, ginger, bell peppers, and green beans; cook for 1 minute.
- Add spices and stir for 30 seconds. Whisk in coconut milk. Cook for 5-7 minutes uncovered (if using fresh green beans, you will want to cook for a bit longer). Add shrimp back and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Drizzle with lime juice.
- CAULIFLOWER RICE: Once cauliflower is cooked, add to food processor and pulse until texture resembles rice. Stir in cilantro and salt to taste.
- Serve curry over cauliflower rice and garnish with additional cilantro.