A creamy, indulgent dip – with kale, leeks, and artichokes that add flavor, texture – that’s changing the appetizer game!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2–3 large leeks (3 cups), halved and chopped in 1/2 inch pieces – use only the white and light green parts!
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, small diced or shredded
- To taste: black pepper and red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil. Cook leeks for 3 minutes, add garlic and cook for an additional 3 minutes, stirring occasionally until tender. Add kale and cook for 2 more minutes, add artichokes for an additional minute and remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl, stir together parmesan cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, white pepper, salt, mozzarella, and black pepper and red pepper flakes as desired. Combine with vegetable mixture. Spread in oven safe skillet or an 8×8 baker.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and bubbly. Serve warm with pita chips, baguette slices, or tortilla chips.
If you use an oven-safe skillet, you can bake the dip in the same pan!
To cut the leeks: trim off root end and top stems (where the white turns dark green). Cut lengthwise and lay on flat side. Cut into 1/2 inch half circles. Clean properly by placing cut pieces in a bowl of water and stir around to remove any dirt and sand. Drain and rinse.
- Category: Appetizer