Thank you Argo® Corn Starch for sponsoring this post. Celebrate sweet moments together with Argo®!
I almost – almost – don’t even have the words for these Crispy OVEN-BAKED Rosemary Garlic Parmesan Fries. The crispiness! The flavor! The addictiveness in the best way possible. These fries are going to be your new football-Sunday BFF.
They’re not just destined for football-Sundays, either. They fit right in during movie nights, on burger Wednesdays, and on the nights your friends pop over and you need a satisfying, warm appetizer!
The point is: there’s no wrong time for these flavorful oven-baked fries. The crispiness is outta this world, and the flavor from the combination of earthy, warm rosemary, raw, fragrant garlic, and salty, cheesy parmesan is WHOA. You thought just crispy fries were good, but this is 100% next. level.
And I know. I know you’re wondering how in the world are we going to get oven-baked fries crispy? Have I got just the trick and tip for you…
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY OVEN-BAKED FRIES
Three words: Argo® Corn Starch. Yes! Corn Starch to the rescue and this is how it’s done:
- Soak the thinly cut potatoes in HOT water (tap is fine – no need to boil it) for 10 minutes.
- Make a corn starch slurry by stirring together corn starch and water.
- Note: if it solidifies, no worries! Just begin stirring it again and it will liquify.
- Dry off the potatoes really well
- Toss the potatoes in the corn starch slurry until coated.
- Spread out evenly on an oil-coated baking sheet – making sure to leave room between the fries so they crisp up!
- Let them bake et voila! You’ll have crispy baked fries in no time.
Argo® Corn Starch is perfect for making crispy fries, It has twice the thickening power of flour (so hello all the holiday gravies we’ll be making this year, too!). It dissolves easily and is flavorless, so rosemary, garlic, and parmesan flavors shine right on through on our crispy fries.
TAKE OVEN FRIES TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Can we also pause for a moment to acknowledge that on top of these crispy fries is the most joyful combinations of flavors that basically ever did exist? Hello, rosemary. Hello, garlic. And hello, parmesan.
I am here for it, and I know you are, too.
Pound together the rosemary and garlic to create a paste and toss them, as well as the parmesan, on top of your fresh crispy fries (hot out of the oven) for the ultimate experience.
The parmesan gets just a little melty, and the rosemary garlic paste is dispersed throughout so each bite has some punch to it.
THE PERFECT FALL APPETIZER OR SIDE
Have I mentioned how Crispy Baked Rosemary Garlic Parmesan Fries are the appetizer of all appetizers – the side of all sides? I thought so, but let me reiterate. It’s important. Because not only are these crispy baked fries absolutely delicious, they’re also easy to make. And I know we all are here for easy recipes that impress.
They’re also incredibly diet-inclusive. By that, I mean your vegetarian friends won’t bat an eye. You can leave off the parmesan for your vegan and dairy-free friends. And your gluten-free friends? Well, Argo® Corn Starch is gluten-free, so you won’t have to worry one bit about any gluten sneaking in.
You win, your friends win, and basically you’ll look like a rockstar making crispy baked oven fries. And you’ll be dying to give away your secret: Argo® Corn Starch.
Crispy Baked Rosemary Garlic Parmesan Fries
- 2 TBSP canola or grapeseed oil
- 4 medium Yukon gold potatoes cut into about ¼ inch “fries”
- 5 TBSP Argo® Corn Starch
- 4 TBSP water
- 3 TBSP rosemary finely chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- ⅓ cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spread oil on a large dark baking sheet with edges, making sure it is completely covered. Soak the potato slices in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and dry (really well!) with a towel. Place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, stir together Argo® Corn Starch and water. Pour over the soaked and dried potatoes and toss to coat completely with the corn starch slurry (using your clean hands works best!).
- Spread out fries on the prepared pan, letting any excess corn starch slurry drip off before they go to the pan. Ensure there is room between each piece so all sides get crispy!
- Bake for 15 minutes, then use a flat stiff spatula to carefully flip the fries over. Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes until fries are brown and crispy. While fries are baking; mix together the rosemary, garlic, and a pinch of salt, pressing together with the back of a spoon. Once they’re done baking, remove the fries from the pan and let cool slightly on a paper towel to remove some excess oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- Transfer the fries to a large bowl and toss with the rosemary garlic mix, and parmesan, until combined. Serve with mayo or your favorite aioli.