Crispy oven-baked fries topped with fragrant rosemary, raw garlic, and salty parmesan cheese.
- 2 TBSP canola or grapeseed oil
- 4 medium Yukon gold potatoes, cut into about ¼ inch “fries”
- 5 TBSP Argo® Corn Starch
- 4 TBSP water
- 3 TBSP rosemary, finely chopped
- 3–4 garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spread oil on a large dark baking sheet with edges, making sure it is completely covered. Soak the potato slices in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain and dry (really well!) with a towel. Place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, stir together Argo® Corn Starch and water. Pour over the soaked and dried potatoes and toss to coat completely with the corn starch slurry (using your clean hands works best!).
- Spread out fries on the prepared pan, letting any excess corn starch slurry drip off before they go to the pan. Ensure there is room between each piece so all sides get crispy!
- Bake for 15 minutes, then use a flat stiff spatula to carefully flip the fries over. Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes until fries are brown and crispy. While fries are baking; mix together the rosemary, garlic, and a pinch of salt, pressing together with the back of a spoon. Once they’re done baking, remove the fries from the pan and let cool slightly on a paper towel to remove some excess oil. Sprinkle with salt.
- Transfer the fries to a large bowl and toss with the rosemary garlic mix, and parmesan, until combined. Serve with mayo or your favorite aioli.
Use a dark baking sheet/jelly roll pan or non-stick to prevent sticking. Fries are best served when hot!
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy, football, party, gluten free