Crispy Potatoes with Roasted Garlic Aioli – crispy, salty potatoes and a creamy, garlic-y aioli resulting in a deliciously satisfying combination.
- 5–6 red or yukon gold potatoes, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 – 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, drizzled with olive oil
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Toss diced potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread out evenly across a baking sheet. If potatoes do not seem to have enough oil, drizzle more; you want them to have a slight shine. Bake for 15 minutes, without turning. Toss potatoes (use a strong spatula to scrape them up in order to keep the crisp edges intact) and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drizzle garlic cloves, in their paper, with olive oil and place in a foil packet. Place in oven with potatoes and roast for 15-20 minutes until soft. Remove garlic by squeezing the clove into a bowl. Add lemon juice, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper. Mix well using a fork, and smash the garlic cloves as mixing.