Baked zucchini fries crisped up and served with a tangy, creamy lemon chili aioli.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- Salt, to taste
- 3–4 medium zucchini, sliced into thin spheres (approx. 24 slices)
- 1 1/2 cups panko
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ~1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Aioli: Whisk together mayo, lemon juice, chili garlic sauce, and salt. Adjust salt to taste and set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine panko, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside. In another bowl, whisk eggs. In an assembly line fashion, dip the zucchini slices in the egg, then panko mixture. Place evenly spread on baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, flipping halfway between cooking time, until golden and crispy. Serve with aioli immediately.
Keywords: side, fries, zucchini, baked, healthy, snack, appetizer, summer, vegetarian