A thick soup with warm curry, turmeric, and cumin spices, blended with roasted squash, carrots, and garlic resulting in an incredibly creamy dish. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan!
- 1 large acorn squash, cut into 1-inch slices and then chunks
- 4 regular sized carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch rounds
- 4-6 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 2 1/4 – 2 1/2 vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 425°F. On a large baking sheet, place acorn squash, carrots, and garlic. Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake for 15-20 minutes until tender, flipping halfway through.
- In a blender, add roasted vegetables, spices, vegetable stock, and salt and pepper to taste. Blend on high for 4-5 minutes (crack the top opening to release the steam) until smooth. Add additional vegetable stock as needed.
- Serve immediately (or keep warm on stove until ready to serve) with garnish as desired. I like to use cilantro and a baguette.
If you don’t have a high-powered blender, remove skins from acorn squash after baking. Proceed to use an immersion blender or regular blender.
You can swap in butternut squash.
Keywords: curry, turmeric, easy, vegan, dairy free, gluten free, quick