Perfect for snack time or a quick breakfast, this homemade Autumn Spice Granola is super easy to make with loads of texture, crunch, and fall favorites added in: apple chips, pecans, and coconut!
Hands in the air if you feel the need to eat a little healthier today?! ??
I know I can’t be the only one who may have eaten one too many sweets last night. Halloween or not, I’m absolutely guilty of having a never-satisfied sweet tooth. Which means I’m always looking for healthier snacks or easy on-the-go vegetarian breakfast recipes.
You’re going to fall for this one, too. Easy Autumn Spice Granola is JUST what we need this season. It’s everything you want in a granola:
Have you made homemade granola before? I cannot believe this is my first homemade granola recipe on the blog! One of the best on-the-go breakfasts is homemade granola bars, IMO (and I have a few favorites here – Apple, High Fiber, Cherry Almond).
But why oh why has it taken so long to make actual granola? But now – finally! – there are endless possibilities with this Easy Autumn Spice Granola.
- yogurt topping (too obvious?)
- quick snack
- dip a banana in peanut butter and roll it in granola!
- top a baked apple
- pour on some milk and grab a spoon!
- bake into a breakfast bread
- top french toast or pancakes
The rest of fall has never tasted so good.
I absolutely love Easy Autumn Spice Granola for its simple ingredients, its subtle warmness from the fall spices, and the texture! What gives it all these fabulous qualities, you ask?
Autumn Spice Granola Magic Ingredients
- maple syrup
- pumpkin seeds
- apple chips
- toasted coconut
Yes, my friend, all these lovely ingredients come together to make a crunchy, yet chewy, and subtly sweet granola. The maple syrup definitely gives the mix a sweetness, but it’s not overpowering. Just the way I like it – what about you?
Given that this granola is all about the fall flavors and food, of course, there are pecans and pumpkin seeds mixed in. Both add a lovely crunch and nutty flavor. I usually buy salted pepita seeds, but I know you want to up the game so go ahead and use your homemade toasted pumpkin seeds.
Now – the special additions: apple chips and toasted coconut.
I love using apple chips – and you loved them too in the No Bake Apple Granola Bars. They add the perfect crunch and tartness to the granola. No boring granola happening here!
The toasted coconut now…whoa. More subtle sweetness to the mix from the slightly caramelized coconut flakes is SUCH a great addition. I’m definitely not biased in that statement. So. Good.
And you need to make it now.
Get the Recipe Easy Autumn Spice Granola
- 1/2 cup neutral or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup apple chips
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a large edged baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. In a separate bowl, add oats and pecans. Stir together with wet ingredients until combined. Spread evenly across baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through and pressing into an even layer.
- Meanwhile, toast coconut in a skillet over low-medium heat for 6-8 minutes until slightly golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Once granola has finished baking (it will still appear wet), stir in apple chips and coconut. Press down into an even layer and let cool completely. Once granola is cooled, break into granola chunks and store in an airtight container.
This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links, which means if you purchase a product FITK will receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thanks for your continued support!