Are you ready to completely change your sauce game?!
As in, use this sauce on anything and everything for the rest of all time because it’s loaded with flavor, super easy and quick to make, and takes dishes from blah to holy cannoli what is that?!
I love me some sauce, and there’s nothing like a sauce that’s incredibly versatile.
Easy Romesco Sauce is the ultimate versatile sauce. In my book anyway. It could be that I’m just addicted to ALL of the flavors:
- Slightly smoky, sweet roasted red peppers
- Umami filled sun-dried tomatoes (you know what I’m talking about! SO GOOD)
- Garlic…the best. always needed
- Toasted almonds for texture
- Bright, fresh parsley
- Red wine vinegar for a little tang
- Cayenne for a slight kick
- Olive oil to smooth
- Salt, obviously
Hello. Hi. I mean, can you imagine it now? Is your mouth salivating? Ready to smear it all over your breakfast sandwiches, toast boards, weeknight pastas, fish packets, ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING FOR ALL TIME?
Sorry to shout but Easy Romesco Sauce has me shouting from the hills! The possibilities are so endless. In fact, two of those recipes I just mentioned right up there 👆🏼, those are comin’ your way super soon. And maybe more, because I legit need this sauce on anything I eat nowadays.
What about the EASY part? Throw all of the ingredients into your food processor (or blender) and in no time your uber-flavorful Romesco Sauce is ready. The most difficult part of it all would be toasting the almonds.
Can I tell you a secret? I don’t always toast my almonds. Whew. I’m glad I got that off my chest. So you guys. You don’t always have to toast them either. I do prefer the slightly more earthy, nutty flavor that toasting brings out. But really, it’s not the end of the world if you don’t toast them. I know how it goes sometimes.
I love keeping a jar of Easy Romesco Sauce in my fridge so I can just grab a spoonful and throw it on toast with my eggs in the morning or eat with a little cheese and crackers. Seriously, so. many. uses. Can’t wait to keep sharing my favorites with you – and don’t forget to leave a comment and let me know YOUR favorite use of romesco sauce so I can try it!Print
An easy, super flavorful sauce that’s excellent on sandwiches, with cheese and crackers, as a pasta sauce, on fish… endless possibilities!
- 1/2 cup almond slices
- 1 cup roasted red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/2 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- In a small skillet, toast almond slices over low-medium heat for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and warmed.
- In a food processor, add almonds, roasted red pepper, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, red wine vinegar, and cayenne pepper. Begin to pulse until combined into a coarse crumb. While food processor is blending, slowly add olive oil until completely combined.
- Add salt and pepper, adjusting to taste. If needed, add additional olive oil if you prefer a smoother sauce. Continue pulsing until desired consistency is reached (generally it’s slightly chunky; not completely smooth).
I usually use the sun-dried tomatoes that are packaged in oil, but feel free to use dried. You may just need to adjust the addition of olive oil depending on which you use.
Keywords: easy, quick, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free