An easy, super flavorful sauce that’s excellent on sandwiches, with cheese and crackers, as a pasta sauce, on fish… endless possibilities!
- 1/2 cup almond slices
- 1 cup roasted red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 Tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1/2 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- In a small skillet, toast almond slices over low-medium heat for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and warmed.
- In a food processor, add almonds, roasted red pepper, garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, parsley, red wine vinegar, and cayenne pepper. Begin to pulse until combined into a coarse crumb. While food processor is blending, slowly add olive oil until completely combined.
- Add salt and pepper, adjusting to taste. If needed, add additional olive oil if you prefer a smoother sauce. Continue pulsing until desired consistency is reached (generally it’s slightly chunky; not completely smooth).
I usually use the sun-dried tomatoes that are packaged in oil, but feel free to use dried. You may just need to adjust the addition of olive oil depending on which you use.
- Category: Sauce
Keywords: easy, quick, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, dairy free