An easy, one pot weeknight dinner full of fresh vegetables and completely customizable with or without your favorite protein!
- 3/4 lb. fusilli pasta
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, cut into 1” pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 5 Tablespoons butter
- 1 medium-large shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Red pepper flakes, dash
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Parmesan, for topping
- 1 lemon, juiced
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-9 minutes. With 5-6 minutes of cooking time left (7 for large asparagus spears), add asparagus pieces to the boiling pasta. With 1-2 minutes remaining, add peas. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water. Drain.
- While pasta is draining, add butter to pot, over medium heat. once melted, add shallot, red pepper flakes, and pinch of salt; cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes. Add in 1/4 cup pasta water, stirring together to combine. Stir pasta and veggies back in; add more pasta water as needed for desired “sauciness”. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Top pasta with a generous sprinkle of fresh parmesan and a squeeze of lemon.
To save on time, you can cook the sauce in a separate skillet and then add the pasta and veggies immediately after they’re done cooking. I like to reduce the number of dishes and make it all in the same pot.
- Category: Dinner
Keywords: pasta, quick, easy, dinner, vegetarian