An easy, weeknight dinner that’s better than takeout and full of fresh vegetables!
- 8 oz. dry stir-fry rice noodles (1/2 package)
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce (depending on taste)
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 inch ginger, cut into matchsticks
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into small florets
- 8 ounces snap peas
- 1/2 red pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup cashews, roughly chopped
- Sesame oil, drizzle
- Lime, to garnish
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Prepare noodles according to package directions for stir fry noodles. I use Taste of Thai noodles, which require soaking in warm water for 20-30 minutes.
- Whisk together vegetable stock, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, and fish sauce. Set aside.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons oil over medium heat in a large dutch oven or stock pan. Add onion, garlic, and ginger, cook for 2-3 minutes. Add carrots, broccoli, snap peas, and red pepper. Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes. Add sauce and continue to cook for an additional minute.
- Add noodles and stir fry for 4-6 minutes. Stirring to incorporate sauce and vegetables. Meanwhile, over low heat, roast cashews until warm and fragrant. Toss in cashews and garnish with lime juice and fresh cilantro.
- Category: Dinner