Take your breakfast (or anytime meal) to the next level with warm goat cheese toast, topped with a poached egg and lots of basil and sun-dried tomato spread!
In the last few weeks, I (finally!!!) had a logo designed! Thanks, Rachael! You likey??
Logos aside, how do y’all feel about breakfast? Brekkie? Brunch?
Are you all yeahhhhhhh, of course, all-the-time, where are the mimosas? If so, please stay and share a toast with me (aha, yes, pun intended).
I’m usually way more of a sweet breakfast gal (with the exception of hash browns and ketchup, but that’s a story for another day). However, every now and again a savory breakfast just hits the spot. Especially this breakfast – or anytime meal really.
I know I’ve shared with you my love of basil and sun-dried tomatoes before, and this is no exception. The basil is coarsely chopped and mixed with more olive oil than a pesto, combined with chopped sun-dried tomatoes, and of course a little garlic (because life is not complete without garlic, amiright?).
It basically makes everything better.
Just whip it up in the food processor , poach/fry/soft boil an egg, place it on top of a warm piece of toast covered with goat cheese, and you’ve got a lovely slice of deliciousness on your plate my friends.
Now I say poach/fry/soft boil an egg because I don’t want you to be limited by options. Yes, the recipe calls for a “poached egg”, as is what’s pictured, but my friend, if you like a fried egg GO FOR IT! I’m here to support you in your egg-venture! I like the poached egg on top of these toasts because it’s still runny, creamy perfection, and is all soaked up by the toast underneath.
Make sure you grab some extra good bread, too, because it will make all the difference. And if you’re anything like me, you’re all about the bread. Because I. LOVE. BREAD. I love bread! Can ya name it? That’s right, Oprah’s Weight Watcher’s commercial, because really, it’s the only thing better than bread.Print
Warm toast spread with goat cheese, basil, sun-dried tomatoes, and a poached egg — a guaranteed way to make breakfast easy and delicious!
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tightly packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 4 slices of bread
- 2–3 Tablespoons olive oil (for spreading)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- In a food processor , puree chopped garlic and sun-dried tomatoes for about 30 seconds, until combined and roughly chopped. Add basil leaves and 1/2 cup olive to mixture; pulse 3-5 times until combined but still coarsely chopped. Stir in salt to taste.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Lightly brush olive oil on both sides of the bread slices. Salt and pepper one side to taste. Toast in oven for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. Once you’re able to handle the toast, spread approximately 1 ounce of goat cheese over each slice.
- To poach the eggs, begin simmering water in a small sauce pan. Break 1 egg into a small ramekin. Once water is boiling, spin the water in the same direction using a spoon and drop the egg in while the water is spinning. Let the egg cook for 3-4 minutes; remove with a slotted spoon. Place on top of toast. Continue until all eggs are poached.
- Top each slice with basil and sun-dried tomato mixture.
- Category: Breakfast