Warm toast spread with goat cheese, basil, sun-dried tomatoes, and a poached egg — a guaranteed way to make breakfast easy and delicious!
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tightly packed basil leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 4 slices of bread
- 2–3 Tablespoons olive oil (for spreading)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- In a food processor, puree chopped garlic and sun-dried tomatoes for about 30 seconds, until combined and roughly chopped. Add basil leaves and 1/2 cup olive to mixture; pulse 3-5 times until combined but still coarsely chopped. Stir in salt to taste.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Lightly brush olive oil on both sides of the bread slices. Salt and pepper one side to taste. Toast in oven for 8-10 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking time. Remove from oven and set aside to cool slightly. Once you’re able to handle the toast, spread approximately 1 ounce of goat cheese over each slice.
- To poach the eggs, begin simmering water in a small sauce pan. Break 1 egg into a small ramekin. Once water is boiling, spin the water in the same direction using a spoon and drop the egg in while the water is spinning. Let the egg cook for 3-4 minutes; remove with a slotted spoon. Place on top of toast. Continue until all eggs are poached.
- Top each slice with basil and sun-dried tomato mixture.
- Category: Breakfast