A simple, easy summer salad made with Farmer’s Market ingredients: sweet strawberries, fresh corn, a creamy cheese, and a light, tangy dressing – all over a bed of fresh baby spinach.
- 1 Tablespoon shallot, minced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1–2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4–5 cups baby spinach
- 12–14 strawberries, quartered
- 2–3 ears of corn, kerneled
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- ~4 ounces Dubliner or semi-hard cow’s cheese, cubed
- Dressing: whisk together shallot, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, honey, dijon, and salt and pepper to taste. I start with 1 teaspoon honey and add more to taste – depending on how tangy you want the dressing.
- Toss together spinach, strawberries, corn kernels, sunflower seeds, and cheese. Toss with dressing immediately before serving.
- Category: Salad
Keywords: salad, healthy, dinner, lunch, vegetarian, gluten free, easy, meal prep