It’s here! Fork in the Kitchen’s first RECIPE CHALLENGE!
Each month you will have the opportunity to make a Fork in the Kitchen recipe in your kitchen, rate it, and be entered to win a prize!
Fork in the Kitchen aims to inspire you in the kitchen, to help you create easy, elevated meals that are impressive yet completely approachable, and to help provide you with (mostly) meatless recipes regardless of if you’re vegetarian or not. Meatless meals can be flavorful, delicious, and filling, I promise!
These monthly challenges will give you the opportunity to experience a variety of Fork in the Kitchen recipes, try new techniques in the kitchen, and see that meatless meals are totally doable. Not to mention the chance to win a fun prize every month and pay it forward. What do you say, ready to get started?!
Recipe Challenge Details
How to Enter the Challenge
- STEP ONE: MAKE THE RECIPE – see the details below for this month’s recipe options.
- STEP TWO: SNAP & SUBMIT A PHOTO – a simple photo is all we need. No need for a fancy, styled photo (unless you’re into that, then you do you, friend!). Just snap a photo of your finished recipe so I can see how it turned out. Your photo may be shared in the next challenge post on the blog and/or social media.
- To submit: email the photo to email@example.com – be sure to use the same email you submit your review with OR make sure you let me know which comment is yours in your email.
- STEP THREE: LEAVE A REVIEW – go to the recipe post you made, and scroll to the bottom, just below the recipe card. Leave your comment and a star rating to let us know how it turned out.
- BONUS ENTRY: I LOVE seeing FITK recipes come to life in your kitchen, so take that photo and share it on your social channels (Facebook or Instagram)! Be sure to tag @forkinthekitchen and #forkinthekitchen for one bonus entry. Remember, if your account is private, you’ll need to screenshot it and send me a DM or email it along with your photo submission for it to be counted. I, unfortunately, can’t see tagged photos or stories from private accounts.
Recipe Challenge Prize
By following the steps above, you’ll be automatically entered into Fork in the Kitchen’s February cooking challenge. 1 winner will be randomly chosen to win one (1) $50.00 gift card to one of the following Black-owned businesses in honor of Black History Month.
- McBride Sisters Wine & Black Girl Magic Collection
- Must be 21 years of age to accept this prize; age will be verified before gift card is sent and upon purchase.
- Blk & Bold Coffee
- Trade Street Jam Co
Winner must be in the United States unless the company ships internationally.
The challenge ends February 28th, 2021 at 11:59 pm CST. The winner will be selected at random and notified via email and announced in the March recipe challenge post.
Giving Back: I will also be donating $2 for every entry to the NAACP Empowerment Programs. Their movement aims to build political power and ensure the wellbeing of Black communities, with this year’s focus on education, criminal justice, healthcare, and economic development.
Ok, we’ve covered all the ground rules, now what about that recipes?!
This month I’m giving you several recipe options, as they already live on the blog and you may have made one or two of them. Because the challenge is to encourage you to explore new recipes and techniques in the kitchen, I’d love for you to try a new one.
There are 2 savory and 2 dessert recipes to choose from this month. Only one submission will count for this month’s recipe challenge. If you make more than one recipe, THANK YOU. Every additional comment/review will be added to the donation amount.
- Broccoli and Cauliflower Cheese Soup – this is a completely cozy, comforting, vegetarian soup. It’s amazing with a loaf of crusty bread on a cold night and easy to make. It had to be included this month before spring comes!
- Shrimp Scampi for Two – I couldn’t let Valentine’s Day month happen without including a perfect-for-valentine’s-day recipe in this month’s challenge. It’s easy to make, light, and fresh.
- Skillet Cookies! Now, there are two options here because I have a problem deciding (when it comes to chocolate – who doesn’t?!). They’re also perfect for the month of all things chocolate.
- Small Batch Peanut Butter Brownie Skillet – when you’ve got the gooey-fudgy-chocolate craving this hits the spot. It’s a small batch recipe perfect for when you don’t need to feed an army.
- Triple Chocolate Skillet Cookie – for when you do need to feed an army. This “cookie” is more like a brownie but whatever you want to call it, it’s thick, fudgy, and loaded with chocolate of all kinds, pecans, and walnuts. Decadent, indulgent, drool-worthy.
Let’s get Cooking!
Huge shout out to Kylie from Midwest Foodie for inspiring a monthly recipe giveaway (be sure to check hers out too!).